Wednesday, August 31, 2011

OnThe Rode Again

I took a couple of days off to visit friends in Las Cruces. My old riding buddies. It was great to visit and catch up. It was wonderful to sit on the veranda in the evening with a cold beer and talk about life's enduring issues as though I had never left. No strain, just sharing thoughts and the moment.
On my way from Deming to Silver City I stopped to take a picture. Unfortunately, I'm still having trouble posting pictures from my android to my blog. Any help out there? In the meantime, picture desert grassland stretching to the horizon in all directions, mountains looming in the far distance. Realize, in this imaging, you are alone, on a motorcycle in my case, with no traffic to speak of, or break the silence. What's your reaction? Just for fun, I made up the following test to see if you might be a desert rat. Try taking it.
1. Is your first reaction
a. To think, "Omigod, there's no one around. What if something should happen?"
b. "Omigod, how beautiful."
2. Do you see
a. A barren wasteland?
b. A landscape uncluttered?
3. Do you feel
a. A sense of forboding?
b. A sense of peace?
4. Does a sense of loneliness
a. Make you want to hurry on?
b. Settle over you like a gentle mantle?
5. Do you
a. Have an intense craving for a radio and air conditioning?
b. Feel lucky to be on a motorcycle?

If you answer B for the first four questions, you just might be a desert rat.
If you answered B for all five questions,
a. You might just be crazy.
b. You truly are a desert rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment