Friday, August 19, 2011

Fourth Day



I'm in Oklahoma. I've been on Route 40, and it's been hot. This will be a short post. It reached 108 degrees according to my little thermometer that I used to wear on a ski jacket. One humdred eight. That's pretty hot when you're on a bike on a strip of asphalt. Arkansas was beautiful, though, and so is Oklamoma. Stopped at the welcome center and talked to the women at the information counter, Nancy and Jennifer. Terrific people. They gave me maps and brochures on Route 66 in Oklahoma. More on that next post. I am taking a day to do some of the old route. Looking forward to it.

The heat actually got to my bike. The fluid for the clutch lever heated up and expanded so that I couldn't disengage the clutch. That created a problem or two handling the traffic at a couple of toll booths and at the off ramp where I was trying to bail out. Ended up right across the stree from a good motel, decent restaurant and good air conditioning.

We'll see how things go tomorrow. It should be a little cooler, although still in the triple digits. As long as the bike doesn't act up, I'll be fine. Oh, Jennifer writes too. Sci Fi. Good for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment