Thursday, July 28, 2011

Booklaunch for Murder on Route 66



At last, my mystery novel, Murder on Route 66 has been officially launched. Lesley Diehl, author of A Deadly Draught, was there to help. We enjoyed a good turnout and had a lot of fun. In this story, Bobby Navarro, a bad-boy biker with a heart of gold, promises a young boy he’ll find who killed his father and left his body lying in a parking lot along old Route 66 in Tucumcari, New Mexico. The victim was Bobby’s friend, and temporary employer. The boy is the victim’s son.  With his working vacation turned into a sleuthing quest, Bobby must deal with a hostile ranch foreman, suspicious police detective, and worried girlfriend to track down the killer before the victim’s widow, son, or Bobby himself become the murderer’s next victim.
Next on the agenda, completing arrangements and getting ready for my cross-country motorcycle trip to visit towns on Old Route 66 and promote my book. I look forward to sharing the adventure.



4 comments:

  1. I love Glenn's Bobby Navarro. He's much like Glenn, a motocycle rider who can win the hearts of the ladies. And solve mysteries to boot!

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Glenn, the whole premise sounds intriguing. I'm from the Southwest, (Farmington) husband's from Tucumcari. I sure hope none of hubby's relatives did it. :) I'll have to add this to my TBR pile. Have fun on your cross-country tour! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really looking forward to reading your book, Glenn. I haven't done 66 on a bike but I was on a ride through Bossier City, La... on the back of a Harley... in the late 60s. Very scary!!

    Good luck on the trip and stay safe!
    Karen D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your mystery and am excited to follow your travels on Old Route 66 and get a sense of where Bobby might have ridden. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete